We're here to help when things don't go as planned
First Credit Union is member owned financial institution that strives to look after our member’s financial needs, even in difficult times.
Our Financial Hardship process allows First Credit Union to work with you to help you get back on your feet in the event of unforeseen Financial Hardship due to:
- illness or injury
- a major life event such as the death of a family member
- relationship breakdown
- loss of employment or reduced hours
- or another reasonable cause
Options that may be available to you
We have a range of options to help you manage through a difficult financial period including (but not limited to):
- Using advance repayments (if any)
- Extending the loan term (this will lower the loan repayments but increase the amount of interest payable)
- Deferring or reducing repayments
We may require additional information depending on the reason for your financial hardship application, such as proof of loss of income.